We are happy to announce that Kaunas University of Technology will be taking part in a new project called BOOGIE-U “BOOstinG Innovation and Entrepreneurship through European Universities”.
The project aims to establish hybrid, digitally-enabled spaces, named “Innovation Hub” – a playground for solving multidisciplinary societal challenges in entrepreneurial ways while providing personalized learning and new business opportunities for different stakeholders: students, young researchers, startup personnel, company and public administration employees needing an upskill in innovation and entrepreneurship. Innovation Hubs will act as a common agora for:
– Fostering institutional engagement and change;
– Strengthening partnerships: exchanging good practices between KIC and non-KIC partners as well as with the ECIU University European University alliance and establishing new collaborations with external partners;
– Contributing to the development of innovations and businesses with dedicated structures to support the grounding of the best solutions generated by the proposed challenge-based innovation model;
– Enhancing the quality of innovation and entrepreneurial education by developing training programmes and mentoring schemes for staff and students, while assessing teaching and learning practices of this model.
The project will receive funding from the EIT’s HEI Initiative: Innovation Capacity Building for Higher Education. This new initiative of the European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) aims to boost the entrepreneurial and innovation capacity of higher education institutions (HEIs).
As part of this project, we will be working together with the following partners:
- University of Trento, Italy – project lead
- Autonomous University of Barcelona, Spain
- Trentino Innovation Hub – Foundation, Italy
- Kaunas University of Technology – Lithuania
- Linköping University – Sweden
- National Institute of Applied Sciences of Toulouse, France
- University of Stavanger, Norway
Under the EIT’s HEI Initiative, the project will receive funding of 400 000 € AMOUNT and will run until December 2021, with the possibility of getting extended for 18 more months.
Stay tuned for more information about this project in the coming months!
ABOUT THE EIT’S HEI INITIATIVE
The EIT’s HEI Initiative is a key objective for the EIT as part of its new strategy, the EIT Strategic Innovation Agenda 2021−2027. The initiative aims to support higher education institutions with expertise and coaching, access to the EIT innovation ecosystem, and funding, enabling them to develop innovation action plans complementing the needs of individual higher education institutions. As part of its Pilot Phase, the initiative has provided funding to 23 projects, with the next call for proposals expected towards the end of 2021.
ABOUT THE EIT
The European Institute of Innovation and Technology (EIT) strengthens Europe’s ability to innovate by powering solutions to pressing global challenges and by nurturing entrepreneurial talent to create sustainable growth and skilled jobs in Europe. The EIT is an EU body and an integral part of Horizon Europe, the EU Framework Programme for Research and Innovation. The Institute supports dynamic pan-European partnerships, EIT Knowledge and Innovation Communities, among leading companies, research labs and universities.